A place where I share my life, dreams and journey of faith
Now for some trivia~
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Can anyone of my followers/blog viewers tell me what the above image is? Answer will be posted tomorrow with a little history information AND the name of the person in my family who used this item.
December 25th. Another Christmas where we gather, though perhaps differently in 2020, with family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We exchange gifts, some to spur laughter and others that touch the soul. My sister did that with her "extravagant" gifts to myself and my darling Kim. I was given a choker necklace with a tanzanite stone and Kim was given a gold, double link chain bracelet. I am reminded that it isn't about how much we spend on gifts we give, but the true heart behind the giving. Our gifts this year paled to years past, but Kim and I don't have lots of money. I am often reminded that I didn't finish college and, therefore, don't have a job that brings in the kind of income my sister or brother earn. My prayer is that my daughter, a new graduate from ETBU (see photo collage), will find employment where she can exercise the knowledge she gained as she works towards the start of grad school next fal...
It's been said that a full moon makes folks go a bit crazy. I don't buy that. I really can't. Affecting nature, that is believeable. But altering a person from being lucid to the polar opposite is just not something I can swallow ~ and I'm in the alarm business too! Do our incidents of crime rise due to the moon cycle? I can't say for sure, but crime is a variable that has no real explanation except for desperation. That's all. Desperation. Was it desperation that led to the untimely deaths of two people in the span of 24 hours? Maybe. We won't know because they took their own lives and the only ones who know the answers are the loved ones and God. All I do know is that, as one who often contemplated suicide, a permanent solution is never the way to solve a temporary problem. So that brings me back to the fact that desperation must have played a role. I'm not passing judgement. I'm still trying to 1) ...
Well, I sure as heck haven't been keeping up with my blog like I had planned to do at the start of 2015 and now we are about to ceremoniously usher it out and bring in 2016. What!?! It sure feels like I just blinked and all of the year just zoomed on past me. Sad, really. So many great things happened this year and I seriously failed to keep up with it all. One of the many traditions I have is writing a yearly letter to send out with Christmas cards (which didn't get done this year). Since I apparently was in a coma this year, the yearly letter didn't get out, so I have vowed to write a letter to open the New Year and update all my friends and family that desire to hear an update from me. For my readers (as few as there are), here is a snippet of our 2015 in review: The year started off as it always does, with January 1st (ha ha) and the preparations for Kimbo's 18th birthday - yes, 18th! That means she came of a...
Comments
Post a Comment