How things have been going~
First of all, I haven't forgotten my little trivia challenge mentioned in my last post; I've just not gotten the picture taken yet to upload. Hopefully I can do that tonight~
In my last post, I talked about participating in a 21-day fast. Today is Day 3, but I'll share about today a bit later. I need to revisit yesterday/Day 2.
Nothing earth-shattering has transpired and I don't feel deprived of nutrients or anything. But, I have noticed a calmness that I haven't had before that I can only attribute to starting my mornings reading the daily devotional for the fast, my yearly devotional (365 days of encouragement) and writing in my journal my prayer for the day. I've managed to stay in line with the food choices, with minor modifications. Example: I'll eat oatmeal with a variety of dried fruit that I have on hand for breakfast (usually with some cranberry juice or water); I'll snack on nuts or dried fruit for lunch, unless I skip it altogether. For dinner, well that is where it gets a bit tricky. I dine with my parents and daughter nightly. Since none of them participate in fast and likely don't approve of the practice, I will eat a much smaller portion of what they are eating so I don't shock my system.
Yesterday was different. If you also recall from Monday's post, I was to travel for work yesterday. My boss and her supervisor took me to lunch. I chose eggplant parmesan w/out the Alfredo cream sauce and left the pasta on the plate. Lunch was taken later than normal, so I wasn't hungry for dinner - so I skipped. For breakfast - more oatmeal. As for my trip - it was good and I feel I can meet the challenge with success.
Today. Well, it's been a pretty light day. Banana and a protein bar with 1 cup of coffee. Around 12:15 I made oatmeal with my dried fruit as a bonus and had water. Just an hour ago, I had another protein bar with a mug of herbal tea. (Folks, it is c-c-cold here and I need whatever warmth I can get!) I am not sure about dinner - perhaps I'll get a salad with some grilled chicken on it.
I am not going to think about checking my weight until AFTER the fast...possibly not even then. May wait until my next physical, which I have to set up. I do not look forward to my mammogram nor the physical, but it has to be done.
Ya'll be blessed and be blessings~
In my last post, I talked about participating in a 21-day fast. Today is Day 3, but I'll share about today a bit later. I need to revisit yesterday/Day 2.
Nothing earth-shattering has transpired and I don't feel deprived of nutrients or anything. But, I have noticed a calmness that I haven't had before that I can only attribute to starting my mornings reading the daily devotional for the fast, my yearly devotional (365 days of encouragement) and writing in my journal my prayer for the day. I've managed to stay in line with the food choices, with minor modifications. Example: I'll eat oatmeal with a variety of dried fruit that I have on hand for breakfast (usually with some cranberry juice or water); I'll snack on nuts or dried fruit for lunch, unless I skip it altogether. For dinner, well that is where it gets a bit tricky. I dine with my parents and daughter nightly. Since none of them participate in fast and likely don't approve of the practice, I will eat a much smaller portion of what they are eating so I don't shock my system.
Yesterday was different. If you also recall from Monday's post, I was to travel for work yesterday. My boss and her supervisor took me to lunch. I chose eggplant parmesan w/out the Alfredo cream sauce and left the pasta on the plate. Lunch was taken later than normal, so I wasn't hungry for dinner - so I skipped. For breakfast - more oatmeal. As for my trip - it was good and I feel I can meet the challenge with success.
Today. Well, it's been a pretty light day. Banana and a protein bar with 1 cup of coffee. Around 12:15 I made oatmeal with my dried fruit as a bonus and had water. Just an hour ago, I had another protein bar with a mug of herbal tea. (Folks, it is c-c-cold here and I need whatever warmth I can get!) I am not sure about dinner - perhaps I'll get a salad with some grilled chicken on it.
I am not going to think about checking my weight until AFTER the fast...possibly not even then. May wait until my next physical, which I have to set up. I do not look forward to my mammogram nor the physical, but it has to be done.
Ya'll be blessed and be blessings~
Comments
Post a Comment