Merry & Bright

 


December 25th.

Another Christmas where we gather, though perhaps differently in 2020, with family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  We exchange gifts, some to spur laughter and others that touch the soul.  My sister did that with her "extravagant" gifts to myself and my darling Kim.  I was given a choker necklace with a tanzanite stone and Kim was given a gold, double link chain bracelet.  I am reminded that it isn't about how much we spend on gifts we give, but the true heart behind the giving.  Our gifts this year paled to years past, but Kim and I don't have lots of money.  I am often reminded that I didn't finish college and, therefore, don't have a job that brings in the kind of income my sister or brother earn.  My prayer is that my daughter, a new graduate from ETBU (see photo collage), will find employment where she can exercise the knowledge she gained as she works towards the start of grad school next fall.  The end goal, according to God's perfect will for her life, is to become a License Professional Counselor - not primarily for the income she will have, but because she truly wants to help others.  There's that illustration of 'true heart'.  

My brother and his family sent their gifts which were equally welcomed with much joy - though I hope to see them again soon.  That would be better than any wrapped present!  Family is so important to me - and I honestly can't explain why.  Perhaps it is partly due to the cherished memories that are created whenever we gather together.  Time is fleeting and distance makes getting together that much more challenging...especially when finances make it impossible.  Throw in a pandemic and one might as well just forget about making new memories.  Right?  I refuse to believe that.  God is still on His Throne and fully aware of the suffering hearts that are crying out for mercy.  

Yes, this holiday is different.  Many are mourning the loss of loved ones due to the pandemic or other health issues.  Many more are suffering in silence because they are without work or ability to provide for their families.  But if we will remember our Savior, the Man of Sorrows, Who came down from Heaven and walked with us - we see GRACE, MERCY, LOVE, HOPE, and PEACE does exist in the darkest of times.  He comforts us when things of this earth toss us about.  So, my prayer is simply: May God give you grace when you are faced with challenging times.  May He give you mercy in the perfect measure when you are interacting with people around you - as they will need to see Him as much as you do.  May love, hope, and peace be the intentional actions of each Christian as we live out the calling God has placed on each of us.






Be blessed & be a blessing.

~WW



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)