Much Excitement 'Round Here

(Okay - maybe not fireworks worthy, but it's close.)

I guess the first thing to say is my attorney's office called me this morning to let me know that my ex signed the property detailed distribution list and returned in time for arrival today. This means that the court hearing set for tomorrow doesn't have to be kept on docket and the list can be presented to judge for his signature, thereby making it the approved order. Once we have that, the process can begin where I can sell the property that my ex doesn't wish to retrieve so that he can get the money from the sale. I still have to pay him a hefty sum to honor the 50/50 split, but that's okay. I can manage it. As for any other legal matters, those will come, but I'm not anxious to sit in court for more delays. I need a breather for now.

The other item of excitement is - tonight is Back To School Night for Kim's school. I'm looking forward to meeting her teachers and hearing about what their goals are for this year. So far, Kim is happy with her teachers this year and that says a great deal. Kim will be coming with me as my folks are out of town visiting relatives in Illinois, so it'll be nice having her telling me about classmates and showing me shortcuts around campus.

The last thing to mention is that Kim goes to the orthodontist tomorrow. We are hoping, after almost 6 years of preparation, they will say she is ready for braces and we can get that out of the way. Kim isn't 100% on board with this idea; not a very good patient for any medical or dental issues. However, I'll take what I can get and try to help her the best way I can. Heck! Braces have improved since I had them and I've seen so many at my church get them, only to be amazed at how quickly the braces come off. The last word from the doc was Kim's treatment plan would span no more than 2 years, no less than 18 months. I'll cross fingers for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)