The Back To School Countdown Begins

Well, it has started (at least where we are)...the back to school countdown: 15 days. This Wednesday night Kimmie and I will attend 7th Grade Orientation, which is mainly to refresh the students' minds about campus and reinforce the expectations by the teachers/staff as to what they can expect this year. I've heard that it will be harder, but that the approachability to teachers is still very good.

What Kim is looking forward to this year is Show Choir and Pep Squad. She also told me that this year she desires to participate in the FCA (Fellowship for Christian Athletes). She did start going to the meetings late in the year last school year, so for her to start up as soon as 'clubs' begin, that is what she would like.

It's really hard to comprehend how quick the summer has gone, and that we are already just weeks from a new school year. I am sure she will do well and I will volunteer where I can. The staff at YDMS is wonderful and supportive.

I hope any returning students, no matter what method of education you get, have a great new school year. Just remember to keep your focus and do your best. For the parents - no greater thing can you do than to be there for your kids - help them in learning and guide them so that they never tire of the adventure. Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)