A Wedding & A Death

To be honest, my blog topic for today was to share with you a joyous event that Kimbo & I got to share in on New Year's Eve - a beautiful, God-honoring wedding ceremony.  The bride was exquisite and the groom was all smiles (don't think he could stop even if he wanted to).  What is so special about this wedding is that I had lost touch with both the bride and groom from the aspect of fellowship, but we had Facebook.   Of course, lately I am finding that social networks just can't come close to face-to-face fellowship.  I'm missing it more and more, and that bums me out.  :(

Anyway, the wedding was just beautiful and the decorations were breathtaking.  The bride's dress was stunning on her and you could just feel the love in the sanctuary.  I said it to the bride's family: what a great way to start a new year.  And it was ~ truly.

New Year's Eve, itself, was fun for Kimbo and I.  We went to a talent show at our old church.  We had great laughs for sure.  We left after the talent show as I was still feeling poorly after taking some medication.  Once we got home, fireworks were well underway until the very wee hours of the morning.

Then we went to church on New Year's day and went to our respective classes.  The topic in mine: New Beginnings.  So appropriate and yet somewhat foreboding.  Our class leader has decided she cannot lead our group any longer - and that is okay.  Really.  She is being obedient to what God is guiding her to do next.  I just will miss her greatly - her hugs and smile especially.  I'm hopeful God will still allow us to fellowship from time to time.  That would be so cool.  No ~ that part isn't the death I am referring to in my title.  That is coming.  :(

I returned to my office today after having had a holiday to find out a former co-worker whom I had been blessed to know had passed away yesterday (1/2/12).  At first, I couldn't comprehend the news.  Then I went numb.  Then I bawled like a baby.  CDY (for the privacy of her family) was the epitome of happy.  Even though she was dealing with health issues, she always had a smile on.  She very rarely complained, unless it was about her doctors who couldn't determine what was going on with her.  Many a conversation I had with her trying to encourage her that someone would indeed get the diagnosis correct and get her health back to where it should be.  This gal also spoiled the dickens out of Kimbo.  From buying her bubble bath to a fish tank.  CDY always wanted to know how my baby girl was.  And then she turned right around and spoiled her grandbabies.  I used to tease her that she had good practice on my Kimbo when her first grandchild was born.  She laughed at that.  It's hard to write about her like this.  I don't want her to be gone.  I don't know how I'm going to tell Kimbo about this, but I know I must.  I think the only fitting tribute I can do is by writing about her and to her.  You can stop reading if you want - this is really my own for my friend:

Sweet, sweet friend:
The news of your passing came as such a shock today.  To find out that your brother was the one to find you was like a punch in the gut.  I can't even imagine how your family is feeling right now, but I know that my heart is breaking.  I can't begin to know how I am going to tell Kimmie - she really enjoyed getting your presents when you still worked with me.  After you left due to your health, she was sad to know she wouldn't get anything from you, but she knew you would always think of her.

C, I feel like such a horrible friend right now.  After you left the company, I lost touch with you completely.  Your phone number got disconnected and I never had your home address.  I could only tell your brother to pass along my thoughts to you.  I hope he did tell you when I asked.  I'd be so very sad if you never knew how often you came to my mind.  Granted, mostly when I was having issues with billing or something like that.  Looking back, those times seem trivial to how a real friend should behave.  I'm sorry, C.  I hope you can forgive me for failing you.

The things that I'll always remember about you are your infectious laugh, your ever present smile, your big hugs and how you always wanted to know what was going on with Kimbo.  I know you are in a far better place now, but it is still hard to know that you are no longer here with us.  You were an angel on earth to so many, now you are an angel with God.  I'm going to miss you so much~until we meet again in glory...

Loving & Remembering you,
Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)