It's Exam Week ~
This week has been an opportunity for stress to overwhelm my Kimbo, for sure. It is midterm exam week. Gosh - I can remember those tests very well myself. Now, I would definitely stress over them. Kim has actually had a very good attitude each morning, knowing she was having 2 tests each day this week. I truly think that has been translated in the exam results. Let me just tell you what has transpired so far.
On Monday she had tests in her Family and Consumer Science (aka Home Economics to us dinosaurs) and World Geography classes. Her scores were entered yesterday (Tuesday) and she got A's on both of them. Woot!!! Yesterday she had tests in English and Drama class. Her scores were a C in English and a B on the Drama. Again - super scores! I mean, let's consider for a moment that 1) she is a freshman in high school - so this is really new for her; 2) she has studied her bootie off since Christmas break; and 3) she really puts her best effort into everything. Bottom line: I'm very proud of what she has done.
Today she has tests in her two toughest classes: Algebra and Physical Science. I reviewed the material provided on study guides with her last night and briefly this morning. She and I both feel she is prepared and should do well. I'm not expecting her to score 100% on any of her exams, but don't feel she will score any lower than a C on any one of them (note the English score). Her semester grades should still keep her holding at the very least a low A or high B to conclude the first semester, and that is far better than I ever could do when I was her age. So, again, I'm very proud of what Kim has accomplished so far. This momma is wearing a huge smile on her heart and face. :)
Tomorrow holds the last 2 exams in her computer and PE classes. Once the day concludes, Kim is out of school for 2 days (Fri and Mon). On Monday, which happens to be MLK Day, she gets her braces off after 2.5 years of treatment. Then we are having a girls' day to start her birthday celebration. I normally would work, but since she is out of school and I want to be the one to see her new/improved smile first, we are going to see a movie and have lunch together. Then we will have our family dinner to celebrate her 15th birthday a day early since she returns to school on her birthday and has to attend a basketball game for her school that night. I'm so excited to get to watch this child each day, month and year. She has steadily become more beautiful and precious to me each day.
Oh - you are wondering why she is out of school on Friday? That is a parish holiday for students to allow teachers to enter the grades for this period/semester. Report cards will likely come home sometime next week or early part of the next week. Again, I am so proud of what Kim has done so far and know that she will continue to do well. That's just who she is. And I get to be her momma~ wow.
Makes me thank God for choosing me to be a mom and to her, no less. I prayed a simple prayer so many years ago - and He didn't have to bless me like He did. But, I am so happy to have the honor I have as her mom. There's nothing like it, nor will there be anything that can be compared to it.
Yep - all in all, things are better than good. They are blessed~
W

Comments
Post a Comment