One. More. Week. I. Can. Make. It.
Next Saturday at this time my parents, daugther and I will be just hours from our Florida destination! I cannot wait! July 1st can't get here soon enough!
In preparation, I have some minor shopping to do for some clothes that actually fit and look somewhat decent and have taken care of getting Kim her haircut. Not only that, but I surprised her with something pretty neat and in fashion now: FEATHERS. Well, she got one at least. I must say, it looks cute and the gal said she will remove it when we come back for her next trim before school starts in August. You know, I've been accused of being a fuddy-duddy and not daring. Well, HA! I think I was pretty daring today for my daughter. We really do have a great time when we are together.
Later today I am getting to reconnect with an old schoolmate/sister Girl Scout who is in town for her graduating class reunion. Time has really flown by. I mean, it has been 26 years since I graduated from SHS and it just doesn't feel like it to me. Then I look at my Kim and realize she is about to start high school at CSHS this August and I suddenly feel like I need a cane to support me. ;)
After I reconnect with my friend, it is mom/daughter movie night! Looking forward to seeing Jim Carey's newest movie. It's gotten great reviews and I have been told it is funny (like it could be anything but funny with Jim Carey in it). Jim Carey could really be matched up with Jerry Lewis - the Jerry Lewis of this age. Jerry Lewis is/was one heck of a comedian and did great slapstick. I love watching him in old movies/shows!
Well, best sign-off for now so I can get ready for my meeting with a dear friend. I'll try to post again before we head off to Florida, but if not, I'll blog when I return.
Be blessed and be a blessing~
WW
In preparation, I have some minor shopping to do for some clothes that actually fit and look somewhat decent and have taken care of getting Kim her haircut. Not only that, but I surprised her with something pretty neat and in fashion now: FEATHERS. Well, she got one at least. I must say, it looks cute and the gal said she will remove it when we come back for her next trim before school starts in August. You know, I've been accused of being a fuddy-duddy and not daring. Well, HA! I think I was pretty daring today for my daughter. We really do have a great time when we are together.
Later today I am getting to reconnect with an old schoolmate/sister Girl Scout who is in town for her graduating class reunion. Time has really flown by. I mean, it has been 26 years since I graduated from SHS and it just doesn't feel like it to me. Then I look at my Kim and realize she is about to start high school at CSHS this August and I suddenly feel like I need a cane to support me. ;)
After I reconnect with my friend, it is mom/daughter movie night! Looking forward to seeing Jim Carey's newest movie. It's gotten great reviews and I have been told it is funny (like it could be anything but funny with Jim Carey in it). Jim Carey could really be matched up with Jerry Lewis - the Jerry Lewis of this age. Jerry Lewis is/was one heck of a comedian and did great slapstick. I love watching him in old movies/shows!
Well, best sign-off for now so I can get ready for my meeting with a dear friend. I'll try to post again before we head off to Florida, but if not, I'll blog when I return.
Be blessed and be a blessing~
WW
Comments
Post a Comment