We can BREATHE again...


The past couple of months have been with much anxiety and stress, to say the least!  Of course, there was the sale of the house and finding a home to go to, but there was also the dreaded state test on which hinged promotion to 9th grade.  The results came in yesterday and, as noted by the image above: SHE PASSED!!!!  We can breathe again...and look forward with optimism and hope.

I knew something was up when she told me on phone that I needed earplugs because she was going to scream.  Though I didn't know if it was a good scream or a scream of frustration, to be honest.  When she got to my car, she smiled really big and screamed: "I PASSED THE LEAP!"  It was a great moment, indeed.

To add to our breath of relief, our home is starting to take shape - boxes are nearly unpacked and I have what I need now to feel (ugh, the dreaded 'feel' word) secure in the new home.  The past few nights we've been in there, I'd wake up at the littlest sound out of fear.  I don't know when I'll be beyond that fear I have as a result of what I came from/through ya'll - but I do know that it is okay to have a self-preservation mindset.  I just wish it wouldn't turn into anxiety - as that seems to be the cause for my high blood pressure.  What I'd like to see myself get to is the proper position - giving my anxieties/fears over completely to my Protector, Jesus and not letting them get the better of me.  I really don't know when I will be spiritually mature enough to do that.  Drats!

Anyway - at least some anxiety is gone because my smart kid passed and is looking forward to graduation on the last day of this month...

Be blessed and be a blessing~
W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)