Moving Day - Phase 1

Seeing as my last post was 4/14/11 and, believe me, lots of things have happened since then - it is only fair to post something before May gets away from me :-) ~LOL

On April 25th, I received word that the person who purchased my home wanted to close on the sale by end of the week.  Problem was that I was headed to Orlando with Kimbos choir for competition.  Solution: give my dad POA to represent me on 4/28/11.  Result: transfer ownership completed, payment for balance of money after my loan was paid and all fees for the new owner were covered in closing received.  I returned from Florida as a tenant in the home I had lived in since Kimbo was 2 years old.  Thankfully, at a reasonable rate and for one week only.  Therein lied another issue - I was still waiting on word regarding the residence I had put offer on.  Well (deep breath released in a huff) ~ the inspection that was done around the time I was setting up closing on the old home showed some serious issues.  Went back to the homeowner and countered a lower cost to allow for the work to be done as she was stating she could not cover the cost.  Offer was accepted.  Appraisal was ordered.  Another problem: appraisal showed that the home was not valued as high as the price on contract.  Homeowner was forced to bring price down even lower.  That's good for me, but not so good for her.  In same, my allowance for required work from inspection was now not there.  Sheesh...

As of Friday 5/6/11, I have accepted the price from appraisal, reduced my downpayment amount/increased my monthly notes, packed up a household and moved it to what will be my home as of 5/12/11 at 5 o'clock in the evening.  Whew...I am still very tired and think much is due to medications for my blood pressure.  I'm really hoping to get my pep back and be back to the person I know I can be.  As of yesterday (with all the moving) my pressure is staying in reasonable ranges.  That's a blessing and I'm very thankful for everything.  I just don't like how meds make me feel run down all the time.  Ugh...or maybe it's all the moving [for most part it has only been my mom, dad, myself and Kimbo; we did have some great help with big items, but sure wish I had more with all the unpacking/organizing that is still looming before me :( ]

Oh - I'll post something soon about the choral competition - as well as pictures - soon.  Just been a little nutty lately...you know with the MOVE~

Be blessed & be a blessing
W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)