Standing on my Constant
~Before I get started with my topic, I just feel I must share something that Kimbo said to me this morning as I was waking her up for the day. Let me lay it out: we have a routine each morning where I say 'I love you' and then ask her if she loves me (of course she says she does). This time I asked 'how much' and she said, "Not more than God loves you Momma". I then asked, "Really? God loves me more than you do?" - She nodded her sleepy head and I walked away with a smile on my face. Thank you, Sunday school teachers, for instilling in her the understanding that no love of a human can surpass that of God's love~
Be blessed & Be a blessing~
W
Before I was a thought on earth
You knew me then and You gave me worth
When all of this is said and done
You will be the One I’m standing on
The love of God - who can measure it? The fact that I am loved so deeply by Someone I won't meet until in Heaven is unfathomable, yet deeply touching. Do you know what I mean? If you have been reading my blog since it started, then you may recall that for a very long time in my life there was a struggle with acceptance. The above excerpt is from Francesca Battistelli's song "Constant" off her new CD "Hundred More Years" [if only that could be]. Think about those lines for a moment.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
Before we were a thought on earth.
Before we had breath.
Before we were in our mothers womb. We, yes that is you and me, had WORTH. That means, in a nutshell, we were accepted. We are the apple of His eye. That is a comfort to me coming from what I lived with for so many grueling years. You've heard the saying 'hindsight is 20/20' I'm sure. Well this is exactly that for me. Before I accepted the free gift of grace and invited Him to live in me, I couldn't have possibly accepted the truth of His love for me. I don't know about you, but this is so powerful that it literally makes me blush (blood is pumping folks). I'm not embarrassed by His love, I'm feeling it pump inside me. Crazy? I don't think so. What is even more is I know it won't disappear like that of human love. It was because He loved us that He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. It was because of His love that we were made. We are Masterpieces of His love.
In the song, Francesca talks about something I feel we all find ourselves guilty of thinking or feeling - she talks about feeling uncertain of what lies ahead/the unknown, feeling tossed by life's uncertainties, not liking change (you know...the kind of change that you want to fight desperately from touching your life). Then she eloquently reminds us of something, perhaps insignificant in the moment, very real and beautiful: though we can't always see clearly what is coming or the ground beneath our feet or even outcomes, we have an anchor for our soul - a solid rock - and a promise...that we can move forward without hesitation or fear. We have a CONSTANT. We have God. We can fully stand in His love for us because He does love us and works all things for our good (even that pesky thing called change). Is that not beautiful?
I suppose this message is not just encouragement for myself, but I want it to encourage you. So, if you find yourself faced with uncertainty/change or in a rough storm of life, remember that we do have a Constant right there with us. I'm closing with the chorus to the song "Constant" and pray it will be a reminder for us all:
You’re my constant in every moment
Constant
You’ve never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant
Be blessed & Be a blessing~
W
Thanks for the phone call. I so believe what you have written is the truth. He is faithful.
ReplyDelete