What a show!
On 10/21/10, my Kimbo performed with her school Show Choir for the first time this school year. Man! It was great! It's the one time I wish my recording was something I could share, but it is a large file and not supported by many of the applications I have access to. Drats!
We had invited our friends from church and other places, but it doesn't look like any could come. It was okay. Kim's 'boyfriend' came and that made all the difference. The choir opened with an acapella version of Queen's 'We Will Rock You', followed by 2 other songs. For the finale, all choirs (and there are four in all) sang a song mostly in Spanish. It wasgood GREAT!
Here is a picture of some of the Show Choir members with Kimberly:
On 10/23/10, Kimberly and I, along with her boyfriend, went to the Louisiana State Fair. Spent over 6 hours there and having an awesome time. I didn't ride many rides - did mostly picture taking of the kids - save one. Kimberly's critique of the fair: The rides are great! The food is great! It's all GREAT!
Just the other day, my parents initiated the final phase of my home improvement project. New carpet is ordered and should be installed between first week of November to just after Thanksgiving. After that - well, at least I hope soon after - the house will be on the market. Hoping prospects are good for my new location and I'm going to keep a positive outlook on it.
To close, here are just a few lyrics from the last song the Show Choir did that just spoke to me:
Something's in the atmosphere
Don't be scared of what you fear
(Don't be scared)
Look around, the storm has passed
Just hurricanes of happiness
Raise up your umbrellas high
Stand beneath the clear blue sky
It's raining sunshine
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine
As real as it can be
Believe in what you see
It's not just in your mind
It's raining sunshine
So many wonders to explain
Rays of sunlight drops of rain
Coming down from up above
Cloudy with a chance of love
Can't you feel it in the air?
Sweet sensations everywhere
Whatever weather is in store
Bring it on cause I want more
We had invited our friends from church and other places, but it doesn't look like any could come. It was okay. Kim's 'boyfriend' came and that made all the difference. The choir opened with an acapella version of Queen's 'We Will Rock You', followed by 2 other songs. For the finale, all choirs (and there are four in all) sang a song mostly in Spanish. It was
Here is a picture of some of the Show Choir members with Kimberly:
![]() |
| YDMS Show Choir 2010-2011 |
Just the other day, my parents initiated the final phase of my home improvement project. New carpet is ordered and should be installed between first week of November to just after Thanksgiving. After that - well, at least I hope soon after - the house will be on the market. Hoping prospects are good for my new location and I'm going to keep a positive outlook on it.
To close, here are just a few lyrics from the last song the Show Choir did that just spoke to me:
Something's in the atmosphere
Don't be scared of what you fear
(Don't be scared)
Look around, the storm has passed
Just hurricanes of happiness
Raise up your umbrellas high
Stand beneath the clear blue sky
It's raining sunshine
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine
As real as it can be
Believe in what you see
It's not just in your mind
It's raining sunshine
So many wonders to explain
Rays of sunlight drops of rain
Coming down from up above
Cloudy with a chance of love
Can't you feel it in the air?
Sweet sensations everywhere
Whatever weather is in store
Bring it on cause I want more

Comments
Post a Comment