Poor thing~
In my last post I went on about how I was enjoying this cooler weather heralding in the fall. Well, I like it - but not when it makes my kiddo sick! She started having stuffy congestion about a week ago, as did I, since allergies were at an all time high (ragweed, dust, etc). Then about a day or so ago, she started coughing due to drainage. That's what irritates my Kim-bo the most~the incessant coughing. Nothing we've tried (cough drops, cold remedies, anti-congestants) has worked any kind of magic. You should have seen me yesterday evening....slathering (yes, SLATHERING) Mentholatum ointment all on her chest and in her nose! Poor thing~
When we got home at 9:30 last night, she asked to soak in a hot bath (well, hot for her). She soaked for 40 minutes when I finally told her that it was time for bed and to take some cold medication to help her get some rest. She made a request to stay with me in my room because, and I quote, "You make me feel better Mommy" {okay, I knew then she was miserable because I became 'Mommy', not 'Ma', 'Mom' or 'Mother'}What was I thinking?! Rest? What a joke! Neither of us got any rest due to her coughing all night long. She got up this morning at 5:30 and I started up my shower to get some steam going to help open up her chest. She asked if she could just get in the shower, so I turned the temp down and let her have at it. Poor thing~
Knowing she does not relish the idea of seeing her doctor, she asked me what she should do if she feelsbad worse during school. I told her to see school nurse and then call me, but to keep in mind our first stop if I have to check her out is to her DOCTOR = blood work, prodding & cultures. Well, you would have thought I was strangling a cat--which I can't come within 2 feet of without breaking out in hives--with the noise that followed that announcement! Poor thing~ [by the way, I don't blame her for having an aversion to doctors; she inherited it from me]
So, after confirming no fever and giving her another dose of medication to get started, I drove her to school with the admonition to only call me after she sees school nurse, should things get worse. I drove off to come to work thinking 'I hate when she feels so bad' and called my mom to give her a report. She knows that barring a phone call from me, to expect a very unhappy, uncomfortable grandchild to arrive this afternoon. Now won't that be fun?! Poor thing (to my mom)~
I can only imagine how the afternoon and weekend is going to play out now: skip gymnastics for a second week in a row (try to figure out when to set up make-ups), not be able to put in volunteer hours for school project that we were to do together (she'll stay with my folks instead while I work), lots of whining because my folks won't insist it stop, much less insist it not start in first place (that means I get to be the bad guy) and a plethora of other wonderful things to contend with while still trying to complete homework she'll undoubtedly have by the bus-load! Poor things~my child, my parents & me .....CALGON!!!!
My poor thing...she is miserable. I know that. I want to kiss and make it all better. Unfortunately, as wonderful as all think mothers are, we do not have magic powers or some fairy dust that can instantly cure our kids - though I know many moms wish they did, me included. That said, I'm hoping and praying that she feels better soon for many reasons - top one being so she will be my sweet and happy child once more.
Poor thing~ Mommy loves you
(Be blessed and be a blessing)
When we got home at 9:30 last night, she asked to soak in a hot bath (well, hot for her). She soaked for 40 minutes when I finally told her that it was time for bed and to take some cold medication to help her get some rest. She made a request to stay with me in my room because, and I quote, "You make me feel better Mommy" {okay, I knew then she was miserable because I became 'Mommy', not 'Ma', 'Mom' or 'Mother'}What was I thinking?! Rest? What a joke! Neither of us got any rest due to her coughing all night long. She got up this morning at 5:30 and I started up my shower to get some steam going to help open up her chest. She asked if she could just get in the shower, so I turned the temp down and let her have at it. Poor thing~
Knowing she does not relish the idea of seeing her doctor, she asked me what she should do if she feels
So, after confirming no fever and giving her another dose of medication to get started, I drove her to school with the admonition to only call me after she sees school nurse, should things get worse. I drove off to come to work thinking 'I hate when she feels so bad' and called my mom to give her a report. She knows that barring a phone call from me, to expect a very unhappy, uncomfortable grandchild to arrive this afternoon. Now won't that be fun?! Poor thing (to my mom)~
I can only imagine how the afternoon and weekend is going to play out now: skip gymnastics for a second week in a row (try to figure out when to set up make-ups), not be able to put in volunteer hours for school project that we were to do together (she'll stay with my folks instead while I work), lots of whining because my folks won't insist it stop, much less insist it not start in first place (that means I get to be the bad guy) and a plethora of other wonderful things to contend with while still trying to complete homework she'll undoubtedly have by the bus-load! Poor things~my child, my parents & me .....CALGON!!!!
My poor thing...she is miserable. I know that. I want to kiss and make it all better. Unfortunately, as wonderful as all think mothers are, we do not have magic powers or some fairy dust that can instantly cure our kids - though I know many moms wish they did, me included. That said, I'm hoping and praying that she feels better soon for many reasons - top one being so she will be my sweet and happy child once more.
Poor thing~ Mommy loves you
(Be blessed and be a blessing)

Comments
Post a Comment