Progress Reports are in~

Yesterday the first progress report of the year was sent home.  Kimberly is doing quite well and 4 of her teachers made comments ranging from 'a great student' to 'awesome!'.  Her grades as of yesterday were 4 A's, 2 B's and 1 C.  The B's are in Science and Math, the C is in Reading.  Her A's are held in Show Choir, PE, LA History and Language Arts.  Her GPA, best I can calculate, is 3.59 - and according to the new grade scale, that is considered an A average.  Man - I remember when that was a flat out B....times have changed.  That or level of expectation has decreased significantly.  I'm thinking the latter, but hey - who am I to complain about that?

Overall, good report and I know that we still have a few more weeks before official report card for 1st quarter comes out.  Kimberly expressed to me that she knows where she needs to improve - simply because she really wants to earn spot on Principal's List again as this is her final year in middle school.  I wish her luck, give her support & will pray God gives her what she needs to do this.  It is a lofty goal this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)