Moving along....
"Slow and steady wins the race". That seems to be a good motto for all of us, especially me. Between Kimmie starting back to school and my house being prepped for sale, slow and steady is just how I feel I've been going.
First - the updates at the house: Projects 99.99% complete. The last room to be painted is getting last coat applied tonight and then - FINISHED!!!! Hallelujah, Amen! I'm so ready to start having some normalcy return. It's been hard at times to rush home after work and wait for any amount of time for my contractor to come, but he does make it. The latest he's stayed was 10p and I just had to say 'call it a day'. I'm just not one to stay up past 9p, out of habit from my youth, because I am always up so dadgum early in the mornings. There are times (yes, many I admit) where I would LOVE to sleep in or have nothing demanding my time/energy; but then I remember that without those demands, I'd be idle and depressed. Every now and then I find that I do envy some of my friends who have more flexible days (not demands on them, mind you) and actually experience life a smidgen more than I'm able to. I live vicariously through some of their funny stories and adventures. Quite fun & refreshing.
Second - Kimberly's school. We are now in week 3 of school. 1/3 the way through first quarter. YIKES! She's found that 8th grade is more of a struggle than she thought it would be. Some is due to the new way things are being done, how her teachers present the lessons and that she's not fully able to understand/absorb what is being thrown at her. There are some words, for example, in her Reading/Lang Arts class that she'd never seen before this year, much less knew the meaning of. The poor kid didn't know that an anvil was what the blacksmith used for shaping the horseshoe she got one year in Grapevine, TX. I had to show her a picture in dictionary and then the one I took of her...then it clicked. All that to work on analogies...welcome back to school! As a whole, though, she's doing remarkably well. As of this week, she's got 2 A's, 3 B's and 1 C (don't know her PE grade - but it darn well better be an A for participation!). We have another 2.5 weeks before progress reports come home, then we can see how things are improving or need improvement. My folks and I have told her that we know she'll do her best and that if it isn't a straight A year, it's okay. She has said that she really wants to keep on the A/B Honor Roll due to being in Jr Honor Society, so that is what we'll work to achieve. Wish us luck!
Be blessed and be a blessing~
First - the updates at the house: Projects 99.99% complete. The last room to be painted is getting last coat applied tonight and then - FINISHED!!!! Hallelujah, Amen! I'm so ready to start having some normalcy return. It's been hard at times to rush home after work and wait for any amount of time for my contractor to come, but he does make it. The latest he's stayed was 10p and I just had to say 'call it a day'. I'm just not one to stay up past 9p, out of habit from my youth, because I am always up so dadgum early in the mornings. There are times (yes, many I admit) where I would LOVE to sleep in or have nothing demanding my time/energy; but then I remember that without those demands, I'd be idle and depressed. Every now and then I find that I do envy some of my friends who have more flexible days (not demands on them, mind you) and actually experience life a smidgen more than I'm able to. I live vicariously through some of their funny stories and adventures. Quite fun & refreshing.
Second - Kimberly's school. We are now in week 3 of school. 1/3 the way through first quarter. YIKES! She's found that 8th grade is more of a struggle than she thought it would be. Some is due to the new way things are being done, how her teachers present the lessons and that she's not fully able to understand/absorb what is being thrown at her. There are some words, for example, in her Reading/Lang Arts class that she'd never seen before this year, much less knew the meaning of. The poor kid didn't know that an anvil was what the blacksmith used for shaping the horseshoe she got one year in Grapevine, TX. I had to show her a picture in dictionary and then the one I took of her...then it clicked. All that to work on analogies...welcome back to school! As a whole, though, she's doing remarkably well. As of this week, she's got 2 A's, 3 B's and 1 C (don't know her PE grade - but it darn well better be an A for participation!). We have another 2.5 weeks before progress reports come home, then we can see how things are improving or need improvement. My folks and I have told her that we know she'll do her best and that if it isn't a straight A year, it's okay. She has said that she really wants to keep on the A/B Honor Roll due to being in Jr Honor Society, so that is what we'll work to achieve. Wish us luck!
Be blessed and be a blessing~
Comments
Post a Comment