Summertime is here!


School's out for summer! As of yesterday at 2:35p, school dismissed for summer vacation. I don't know who is more glad: Kimmie or dear old mom. I admit, it is a little bit surprising that it is summertime already. Just a couple of weeks ago I asked a teacher how it can be time to dismiss when it feels like I just got Kim back in school. Time just rushes by - and not always because one is having fun. LOL!

The downside to it being summer is that I don't get same type of break. I still have to work and, now that Kim has hit her teens, don't have a safe haven for her to go to daily where she is with her peers or having activities to keep her busy. Instead, she is staying with my mom while I work, unless my folks are out of town - then I'll have to use my limited vacation time (luckily, there won't be more than a day or so that this will be the case) and find something she and I can do to have some fun.

I was really starting to get flustered trying to find a summer program or day camp that Kim could go to so my mom wouldn't be left trying to 'entertain' all day. Thanks to a good friend from church, I think we may have an option and will be looking into it wholeheartedly. The problem I had finding stuff available ranged from no openings to amount of money to enroll. So, this option is definitely in the running because there are openings and the money to enroll isn't reaching into the stratosphere! Yay!

We also think some work may start on the house to get it ready to be sold. That will be such a relief to close the door (literally) on the past and step out into the bright future. Hoping that we will be moving/moved by this time next year, if not sooner. That is my prayer focus for now...that and Kim's salvation.

Just wanted to post a quick message - everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend and great summer for all those who have kids out of school...

Be blessed & be a blessing~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)