Back to REFLECTIONS

'Often have my feet wandered from the right way, and often have I hewed out to myself broken cisterns which could hold no water; but I humbly hope the Lord has not left me entirely to my own ways, and that He will enable me to be more completely devoted during the remainder of my pilgrimage; for, notwithstanding my frequent backslidings and wanderings of heart, it is my chief desire to be His alone....Enable me to leave my temporal concerns entirely with Thee, to walk by faith, to have my treasure in heaven, and to mainfest by my conduct that I am Thy disciple.' ~ Ruth Bryan (1830) - from her diary

I'm so thankful to be back and posting more about my own journey of faith. I so want my life to be a living testimony of the hope I have in Christ. To be a light for others who find themselves wandering in the darkness of this world. Oh, I've not arrived - but I am beginning to understand a little more. I'm a work in progress (though I venture to say that I have been since before I was a thought) being shaped and refined by the Master Potter. Sometimes I am contorted and twisted up, that it is hard for me to think I can bear it much longer. Other times, I catch a glimpse of what I am becoming and can't wait to see what He will do next.

There is also great comfort in knowing that He hasn't left me to my own devices (that would be a real travisty!). My Lord, my Savior has me firm in His hands and loves me with a love that can't be compared to anything I've ever experienced in this life or ever will. The real test for me (for any of us who profess to believe) is not allowing those whispers and doubts to take my eyes off of Him. As long as my focus is on Him and Him alone - He will give me the strength, the peace and the grace to endure my sojourn on this wicked earth. Let's face it, when we (who believe) take our eyes off 'from whence our help comes' that is when we hit despair and fall into pits that seem so deep we can't climb out. At least that is from my own limited lesson taken from my own time in the pits.

I'd rather rejoice, even in the bad times, then get my eyes turned off my Redeemer. When I get focused on me and this world, that's when I can't even stand to be around me! I realize now why so many others can't stomach my presence when I'm in such despair and not focusing on Christ. Does that mean I won't hit snags or bumps now and then? No. I surely will. Again - it is all in how I choose to react to those snags and bumps. I can either take the way of self and throw a terrific pity party of one OR I can fix my eyes on Jesus and take His hand.

That said, be blessed and be a blessing ~ you never know when you will be that shining light!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)