Reflections: Everything
Since my last entry there have been many developments - both in my life and my darling daughter's. As mentioned in that entry, I have been renewed in my pursuit of fellowship with my Savior, my God. I've noticed that a large amount of my anxieties have disappeared, which is beneficial for sure. It has been more than refreshing for my soul to rise up daily knowing my rest, peace and provision are secure in His care. Yes, sure - when my finances are threatened or the unplanned events appear I find the familiar nervous twinges of anxiety, but I am equipped to give them to Him because I know He will show me the way through that time.
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19
During this time of quarantine due to COVID-19, there were some real moments of doubt - especially as it related to finances. Early on in this pandemic, my work hours were cut in half and I was put back on as hourly paid employee versus salary (paid vacation/sick time was not allowed nor any kind of overtime permitted), so I really struggled to figure out a way to guarantee bills would get paid and food put on table even though I do have some assistance, it still wasn't clear how things would work out. But then....the government rolled out a plan to provide payroll protection and my employer enrolled in that program. Work hours were restored (at least for 8 weeks) and some benefits were restored as well - though I am still on hourly pay without overtime permitted.
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" - Matthew 6:26
Other struggles reared their ugly heads too - like the fact that my nephew's graduation was canceled and I had planned to attend in support of his hard work and accomplishments. His wasn't the only one canceled as all graduations, both secondary and collegiate, were impacted in ways nobody imagined. Graduation is a rite of passage - it symbolizes the culmination of YEARS of dedicated study by an individual. It is a celebrated time of recognition by peers and educators. It is a time to exhale for everyone vested into the development of the graduate. But then...administrators, school systems and the like made provision to still move forward, albeit differently for now, with commencement. Some taking the virtual route and others in my local area doing "drive by" ceremonies to allow students to be recognized. Many will still have a traditional commencement when the pandemic dangers are reduced significantly more, which is such a gracious expression for the students who looked forward to this day for so long.
"Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,'"- Hebrews 13:5
It is safe to say that this pandemic has challenged me to lean in tighter to Christ for strength and peace of mind. Had I not done so, I would be spinning out of control. I'm so thankful that I have a Savior Who has set me free from the bondages of anxiety, depression and doubts.
I pray all who read this were able to take time to renew, find or strengthen faith while remaining healthy.
Be Blessed & Be A Blessing.
Comments
Post a Comment