Some New Goals


Goals. They can be symbolic of a point or spot to aim in order to win a game - like in soccer, football, hockey, lacrosse.  They are also symbolic of a point or spot to aim in order to achieve a specific desire - like a high GPA so a student can get accepted into the college they wish to attend or to get on a place of honor academically (like "Who's Who List of College Students").  In same token, a goal is something to which one sets their focus in the hopes of attaining some specific item that they might not otherwise think they could achieve without setting a goal.


My Kimbo has set a goal to finish her degrees in 3 1/2 years, but not in more than 4.  It is possible - if she stays focused on her studies, takes classes in summertime and doesn't goof off or get distracted.  She will set off on the first phase of her goal in just over one month from now.  That said, one goal I have is to not swoop in on her at school in the first week.  I have set a goal of three weeks before I even plan to visit her and assist where she may need me (for groceries or other items).  I know it will be a challenge for me, but I am believing in the ability God gives me to hang in until the third week and that my Kimbo will text or call at least once a week to settle my nerves.

Another goal I have is one I was challenged to do recently in church.  We were encouraged to find five verses and memorize them.  I found my verses in a little devotional book I have called "100 Verses Every Mom Needs To Know" and, so far, have been able to keep them in front of me at work to look at and practice in the midst of my day.  Memorization has never really been hard for me since I have years of piano running in my veins.  I can still play bits and pieces of compositions by Mozart, so holding onto the most valuable composition should not be hard.  Afterall, the Bible is the manual of life and we need to refer to it often.


So, we will (Kimbo and I) will pursue our goals steadfastly because we have a plan.  As the picture above says, "A goal without a plan is just a wish" and the time for making wishes is long past. It's time for action and, with that, successful pursuit.

Be blessed & be a blessing today ~
W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)