I'm calling a CEASEFIRE


Okay - I've remained calm and understanding throughout so much hatred and division over pretty crazy issues.  Some scared me to my core, others just made me shake my head at how depraved our world is.  I like to think that I always choose to see the good in someone no matter their opinions, preferences, lifestyle, values.  I only ask that they do same related to how they see me.  It's fair. [WARNING: this is going to be a long post and I plan to air some of the issues I object to]

ISSUE: Racial Tensions

Red, Yellow, Black & White - we are ALL precious in HIS SIGHT!  Lives matter...PERIOD!  These movements that have erupted in reaction to violence, whether or not committed by sworn law enforcement officers or private citizens, is beyond insane.  I honestly get anxious now to go out anywhere for fear of being targeted just because of my skin color.  Do I now know/understand what many others have felt for decades, centuries?  Yes, but we can change that if we stop reacting and start acting to effect change.**

How do we save a life
pointing fingers?
How can we end the fight
this way?
When blame is the truth we're preaching?
And lies are what we're believing?
No one ever wins
when the goal is to settle the score


ISSUE: Politics/ACA

Okay - I'll admit it: I VOTED FOR TRUMP!  Was he the best choice?  Maybe not, we have to wait and see (just like I did when President Obama was elected...TWICE) before passing any judgment on the man.  As for his mannerisms and alleged womanizing and so forth - he was this way long before he ran for office and will likely not be any different afterwards (I do recall much being said about the Kennedy men CONSTANTLY along much the same allegations).  As for how he comes off as a bully - well, he is a native New Yorker and that is just how many of them appear on the surface.  You have to go deeper than that to get to his character - and he's done a ton of good things if anyone took time to dig DEEP.  For those who choose to take position that Russia rigged election, I think you forget that the voters voted and several states that reviewed results still showed Trump as the winner.  So, stop reaching for some outlandish reason to justify why you feel the way you do.  We all should know that media will always spin stories so that they get viewers/readers.  That is a very large reason why I don't watch the news or spend my time reading LIES after LIES.  

When the 43rd/44th POTUS was in office, nobody gave a rip about how unnerved many were about his Affordable Care Act that he PUSHED  RAMMED through legislation before any of the members could read the dang thing.  As one who was FORCED to get on the failure plan/ACA to avoid being penalized by the IRS, I can say it is a waste of money!  I can see my own doctors, but I have to pay out of pocket PLUS my premium for coverage I never can use because nobody accepts it.  Why?  Because it can take up to two years before the medical community will see payment from insurance carriers.  I'm so tired of trying to explain this to folks who genuinely think this is better than sliced bread.  It might be, but I'm the butter being spread thin!!

Is the plan completely wrong?  No.  I think there is room for compromise and revising it so that folks like me aren't going bankrupt trying to avoid penalties for choosing to not have insurance - especially if we only see doctors once a year.  There should be provisions in place to allow coverage to be accepted by medical providers - they've always had option to refuse types of insurance coverage since the early days.  Why?  Because insurance companies feel they can dictate what cost is acceptable without considering other factors.  Medical communities have no other choice left other than to charge high fees for office visits or refuse the coverage held by some of the few.

So, excuse me for wanting to not vote 3rd Party which would have resulted in either a less desired candidate to be elected or the same result that we have now with President-elect Donald J Trump.  Let's give the fella a chance as equal to that "we, the people" gave President Obama, shall we?

ISSUE: Moral Values

I've been accused of being very conservative in my value system. I don't see anything wrong with what I choose to live by and use as my moral compass.  The basis for my values comes from the Holy Bible itself, so if you haven't opened it - might I suggest you do that and read it cover to cover as I have?  It will shock you and shake you to your core to see that the Almighty God has already given us His thoughts on many issues.

Now, again, this is not meant to offend or cause more strife, but I'm tired of being shoved away based on what I think and feel about issues - PERIOD!

Here are some words that I found that should serve as reminders of what our country was founded on, how we are to live and words from songs that just speak LIFE to me - I hope to you:

'Tis folly in one Nation to look for disinterested favors from another; that it must pay with a portion of its Independence for whatever it may accept under that character; that by such acceptance, it may place itself in the condition of having given equivalents for nominal favours and yet of being reproached with ingratitude for not giving more. There can be no greater error than to expect, or calculate upon real favours from Nation to Nation. 'Tis an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard.
George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence, (I conjure you to believe me fellow citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government.
George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

A feeble executive implies a feeble execution of the government. A feeble execution is but another phrase for a bad execution; and a government ill executed, whatever may be its theory, must be, in practice, a bad government.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 70, 1788

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I will be the first to say
I'm far from perfect
But grace was made for those who don't
deserve it
So easy to cast the first stone
It's harder to search your own soul
No one ever wins
When the goal is to settle the score
One by one we will call for a ceasefire
One by one we will fight for a better end
One by one we could rewrite the headlines ~ "Ceasefire" - For King & Country

We are family here
Colors and stains disappear
There is no doubt you belong
This is the family of God
No matter who you were when you walked through the door 
Here you’re no orphan anymore 
Brothers and sisters by blood
This is the Family of God 
Oh, we are
Sons and daughters of the King ~
 "Family of God" - Newsboys

Be blessed -
W


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)