For Such A Time As This ~
Esther 4:13-15
New Living Translation (NLT)
"For just such a time as this"....
I wonder oftentimes what my life purpose is...why am I 'here'? What great contribution can I give during this brief time that I live? And I am reminded of Esther and the path she was thrust on - albeit not one of her own desiring. To be a young woman, and from what I can determine she was strong-willed in her own right, taken to be part of the king's harem/concubine and groomed to be the next queen - that had to have been quite shocking! She's minding her own business, trying to tend to the needs of her family and BAM! I think my head would have spinning. Yet, all the while, God was at the heart of these events and her life. He was preparing to use Esther in a mighty big way.
Esther is one of my favorite women in the Bible because of her courage during difficult times. Let's face it, when your family and friends are facing extermination, that is definitely a difficult time. What adds to the adversity is that she does not have the right to say anything directly or face death herself. Wow! Talk about being pressed. Personally, I don't know if I can call myself an "Esther" because I don't have a brave bone in my body! At least I don't think so. I believe I've come out of my hard times solely on the wings of God. The enemy would love it if I just sat weeping in a corner and in a heap. But, I have a loving Father Who desires me to overcome and rise above...looking to Him and giving Him the glory! Esther had this same Father. In a way, that makes the saying "down, but not out" very fitting.
Difficult times come and they will continue to come until the Great Day when our Jesus returns. Not only difficult times, but seasons of wandering too. That is where I am. When will it end? I don't know. I do know that I've uprooted my darling daughter from so many things recently. We have made a difficult choice to leave a church we planted ourselves in and are now seeking the place He would have us be. It has been fruitful, but not easy on us at the same time. Both of us are benefiting from visiting other local churches and meeting new people. What is hard is figuring out His plan in this area. I desire only to obey His voice and direction....for such a time as this.
Difficult times face our country, our fellow man in the form of Affordable Health Care/Obamacare. It seems there is more harm than good coming from this and, I'm in the mix. See, I had no choice but to enroll and, though there is some lower cost, I still don't know that I actually have insurance. Add to that that my dependent wasn't eligible for the same plan and I had to get an off-market policy for her....and I don't know if she has coverage still. Yet, I dutifully sent in the funds to cover both policies. But, I will not fear or get worried....for such a time as this.
See, with all the difficult times that abound and surround, God is still on His Throne and in full control of the outcome written in eternity past. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. No war, no weeping child, no hungry individual, no act of evil, no cry for mercy - NOTHING. Even for such a time as this.
So, back to my opening questions: why am I here? What great contribution can I give during this brief time that I live? Only God has the absolute answers for these questions. My response is to allow Him to move in my life, my spirit, my heart and mold me into His masterpiece. So, for such a time as this, I am going to be a loving mother, sister, daughter and friend. Anything else I become or leave behind when He calls me home to Heaven are the blessings ~
Here are some pics from the Christmas holiday - Enjoy! ~ W
| Sassy |
| Sassy and her treat |
| My answered prayer - KLW |
| We are a crazy lot aren't we? |
| My nepherw, KLW and my niece |
Comments
Post a Comment