I'm B-A-C-K!

Since my last post was a few weeks ago, I knew it was time to touch base and share some pics from the vacation and one other treat I got to participate in.  Before I do that, let me just say that I'm still unemployed and focused on securing employment soon.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers for the job God would have me in.  I know I have much to give to an employer.

Okay - now for the vacation in review.  Our vacation was from July 21-28 in Destin, Florida.  My sister came in from Atlanta, GA and my brother came with his family from Huntsville, AL.  It was great to have 9 of us all together for some R & R.  I didn't get much sun, but I took lots of pictures!  Kimmie focused on getting a tan since she is a bridesmaid for a friend in 2 weeks.  Here are some pics from the trip:



I did take a lot of pictures that will one day grace the walls of my home.  I loved the sunsets and the pictures I took with Kimmie on our last full day in Florida.  Who knows?  One shot may just grace our holiday newsletter this year ~

As for the special treat I mentioned, my dad arranged for us to tour a chimpanzee 'retirement' facility called Chimp Haven.  While we were there, we got to toss food to a number of these chimps that come here to live out the rest of their lives, hopefully as they would in the wild versus as they come - from research facilities and private owners who can no longer care for them.  Chimps are cute, but they do grow to be very large animals.  I was so impressed with what the folks do at Chimp Haven and learned a great deal by watching how the chimps behaved with each other.  There were some definite signs of dominance and greed.  Enough to get me thinking how much humans have in common with the chimpanzee and vice versa.

Other news to share is that Kimmie returns to school on Monday!  She will be a sophomore in high school and is very excited about it.  We have our minds prepared to meet obstacles and overcome them.  We also will be dealing with how society and family still have issues with relationships that develop in these formative years.  As a mother, I do caution her to be careful with the people she associates with.  However, I will not tell her that she can only interact with Caucasians or Asians or any other race.  I find that will definitely label her as racist.  Since God loves us all, and we are (as Christians) to also love as He loves, then there is no room for such thinking or behavior.  Therefore, pray for us because it will be uphill all the way.

Be blessed and be a blessing~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)