Message to Myself


{If you want to be encouraged, then you can read on. This is really more for myself to keep me focused on Who is carrying me through the latest twists and turns that came out of nowhere}


Wendy:
This is your conscience talking. I am going to tell you something very crucial: there is no need to worry! Yes, change is not pleasant – especially when you weren’t thinking it was needed. Yes, uncertainty looms on the horizon. You are forgetting something very true: God has GOT this! He is your security. He is your provider. He is your comfort. He is your peace. He is your EVERYTHING. Why do you forget this when things upset the motion in your life? C’mon girl! He hasn’t given up on you, don’t you give up on Him!!

You love music. You sing worship to Him every single day. Why not start believing in the worship you lift up? Those words aren’t empty. He hears them. He knows your heart desires to honor Him with praise. Here are some words from songs you’ve sung along with to remind you:

‘You know my name, I know You wrote my story; But there are days I can’t see a happy ending – No, no. Life gets hard. Sometimes it just hurts. It’s kicking me down and throwing me curves…I’ve had control but I didn’t know where I was going. I went down my own road but my road just left me broken. But there’s never been a time that You let me down or walked away, so I’m not afraid. Life’s gonna knock me down, it’s not gonna keep me down – I’m gonna trust You now in every season…’Cause I know You are Who You say You are; You are the One still standin’ when everything is fallin’ apart. Yeah, You got my heart. I’ll still be smilin’ when the sky is dark ‘cause I believe that You are who You say You are’ – Britt Nicole (GOLD ~ Who You Say You Are)

‘I lay here under the stars in awe of Who You are; You’ve never been so real, I’ll never understand it fully, lost here in Your beauty – no words could ever say how I feel. It’s like I’m seeing for the first time, like You opened my eyes to show me everything I missed before and I want more’ – Britt Nicole (GOLD ~ Seeing For The First Time)

‘STAND’ ~ Britt Nicole, GOLD

I wake up to another day
I don’t know if I can face
All the fears that are starin’ me down
Yeah, I’m tryin’ to be brave
But I’m a thread about to fray
I want to stand, but I don’t know how
I look up
And all I see is Your love holding me

When I feel like giving up
When my heart has hurt too much
Feels like I’ve reached the end
No, I won’t turn and run
This battle will be won
When I’ve done all I can
I stand, stand, stand
I stand, stand, stand

Some days I lose my place
It’s a fight to keep my faith
But, You are with me
I am not alone, no
When all around my world gives way
Tossed like an ocean wave
You are my rock when the storm clouds blow
I look up
And all I see is Your love holding me

On Your promise, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand

Wendy, He is holding you. He is going to get you to the other side in one piece and it is going to be GOOD. Look at what He says:

Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) ‘For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.’

Romans 8:28-30 (NKJV) ‘And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.’

Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV) ‘Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.’

Romans 11:2-3 (NKJV) ‘God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, “LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”?’

Psalm 139 (NKJV)

O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.

21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

See, Wendy? Those are only some of what God says towards you – His daughter. You were bought with the blood of His Son and you are in HIS family! Since Jesus Christ died for you, why would you even think that He would let you stay in the desert and be attacked? He is your Warrior. He is standing with you at the ready. He will not let anything harm you. He says so in Isaiah 54:17 ‘“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.’

So, okay – things are a bit off balance and you don’t know what is going to happen. Don’t forget that God has already been here – He knows where things are headed. Trust that He is already there and knows the best thing for you. He loves you, knuckle-head. Remember that! Just keep your eyes UP and know that is where your Help is. All you have to have is child-like faith the size of a mustard seed…if that is all you can muster. Of course, He wants all your faith and trust – but He knows you’ve been hurt and still struggle with trust. Just give Him all you can and He will take care of the rest. The healing is in process, Daughter. Just allow the balm to be applied and remember that He is gentle and the yoke is light.

~~W's Heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)