Repairs, Prequalifications, Contracts - oh my~

I honestly don't know why I'm beginning to stress over things.  I was absolutely aware of the reasons behind upgrading so much in my house - TO SELL IT!  That was the goal.  The goal has arrived.  So what's the deal?  I don't know why I am such an easy target for the attacks on my mind, but I'm just a bit more than tired of it.  Don't get me wrong - I'm confident that this too shall pass and I'm reminded that no weapon fashioned to hurt me will succeed.  It is just that I'd like a moment or more to let all these things that are happening absorb.  I am feeling like a very soaked sponge that needs to be wrung out.  Yuck! 

Let me back up just a little and lay the foundation.  The upgrades to my home were really started in 2005 when I had new flooring put in the family/dining and kitchen areas.  Then this past summer, my folks financed the upgrades related to painting the house, new carpets and upgrades related to counter tops and appliances.  No small expense for them and certainly one that I would never have been able to come up with.  The house looks wonderful.  I've enjoyed how things look and am sure that a potential home buyer will as well.  So, this past weekend, I met with the realtor my parents hired to aid in the selling of my house and possible purchase of my new residence.  Things went smoothly enough - though I really missed a great deal of the discussion since I was tied up signing paperwork.  Man! You'd have thought I was in the midst of a company merger or something.  Seriously.  There were things asked on these forms that I didn't even have a clue about.  Talk about stressful.  The only silver lining in this whole thing is that I did pre-qualify and my scores are amazing.  I was a bit worried the outcome would be different due to my divorce and having to rebuild my credit.  I guess 5 years did the trick. 

Now for the fun stuff - prepare for another garage sale to liquidate the rest of my belongings that I will no longer use or have need of; consider offers brought to the table; hunt for a new home somewhere between work and Kim's school functions/activities; close on our new home and then pack up my current home/move to new home.  Whew!  I'm already tired!!  The kicker is going to be deciding on when to place the house on market and wait until a solid offer comes.  Why?  Because that is how FHA loans work - I have to sell mine first before I can get a new loan to use in buying something for us.  Crazy~

I will be taking names of volunteers real soon to help me and my folks get my things boxed and ready to move.  Praying now for the right timing and good weather - the rest will come.  Of that I am sure~

Be blessed and be a blessing.
W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry & Bright

I Don't Believe In Superstition

Out With The Old, In With The New (Oh, Who Am I Kidding?!)