Hello Spring ~
Now every field is clothed with grass, and every tree with leaves; now the woods put forth their blossoms, and the year assumes its gay attire. ~Virgil(I just liked this picture and this quote fit nicely with it…)
Springtime. Everyone looks forward to it because it represents renewal and rebirth. The dormant flowers begin to bloom; the trees awaken with new leaves after a wintry sleep. The bees and butterflies begin to take flight, alighting from flower to flower. Nature gets busy! That’s really beautiful, the thought that is. Reality, for me at least, is that with all the renewal that goes on, that just means pollen to stir allergies and the dreaded yard work that I detest. Seriously.
Spring also signals the beginning of the end for those in school and the anticipation of summer vacation. I know my Kimmie is already anxious for this school year to come to a close. Not that it was bad year, but she had some experiences that really made her doubt herself. Helping her through that has been rough – once I (and my folks) thought we’d gotten her over the doubts, they’d rear their ugly heads again. It has also been rough with homework. I give kudos to my mom and dad here. They’ve been stalwart in committing to be around for Kimmie after school while I’m at work and addressing subjects that I, myself, failed miserably in. They have been rocks this year. I am very thankful because they didn’t have to make the commitment. They could have just told me that I was on my own and left everything to me to figure out. On the contrary, they’ve promised to be one constant in her life she can depend on – that we can depend on while we still figure out our lives. (Yes – both of us are still trying to find our fit in the roles we now have since the divorce four years ago)
When I think of this season from the lens of a child of God, the obvious message is RESURRECTION. From death to life – in Him. I am still in awe that I am a part of this family. I’m a wretched sinner saved by grace and I didn’t have to do anything. I used to think that I had to earn my place as a Christian. I now know that it is by faith, not by works alone. He gave Himself up in order to save sinners. Why? Because He loved us then, He loves us now. I had to realize that I couldn’t save myself. None of the things I did before saved me. Only my surrendering and opening the door that He’d been knocking on for so long did the job. I am thankful that He made me a new creature – much like taking the caterpillar and turning into a butterfly is what He did for me.
I hope that you experience renewal and rejuvenation too.
Be blessed and be a blessing~
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world! ~Robert Browning
Comments
Post a Comment